Island Explorer Map
A "tube-style" map that displays information about the Island Explorer bus routes in Acadia National Park. The maps have been designed with the following in mind:
- Quickly see where routes are connected to each other by bus stops so that riders can determine which route or routes can get them to their destination.
- The relationships between the paths of routes. This is useful when flagging down a bus from a trailhead or another location that does not have a designated stop.
- Minimize the distractions that are caused by maps with routes that are overlayed on a geographically accurate depiction where roads have turns and switchbacks and important details may be obscured.
- Provide a list of bus stops with helpful information that includes the routes that access the stop, facilities (restorooms, drinking water, etc.), and points of interest (trailheads, geographic features, etc.).
- Fits on a single sheet of letter paper printed on both sides.
To report corrections or errors to this map please send an email to Rich McNeary.
Both the map and list of stops are below. There is also a two page downloadable PDF with the same information.
The map and stops image files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.